Understanding your practice as the continual repetition and recreation of one single position is a great contributor to you having the skill and the ability to take responsibility for your learning. The information in this talk gives you a way to approach and get at the essence of any posture you want to do.
In this talk I discuss:
1) The relationship between Ashtanga Yoga, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Single Asana principle.
2) Define the Sanskrit word Punya and the 3 prongs of virtue in the yoga practice
3) Ways to work on illuminating the central axis
4) How to activate your body when you’re staying in the pose
5) How to use your skeleton optimally for structural support
6) How to create a steady position